Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wee

So tomorrow (which is technically today), I get to learn how to snowboard. My boss gave me a ride to work tonight, because he's just that awesome, and on the way he let me in on his plan, which is to stand by and watch us noobs fail miserably at staying upright while taking pictures of our various indignitites. Should be entertaining, later, if nothing else. >:D

I'm still a little apprehensive about learning how to snowboard, but it's mostly the apprehension of someone approaching something they've never done before. Jimmy's batteries are still showing as full, so that means I should be able to get a bunch of awesome pics. Though, I haven't been too thrilled with his battery life, these past couple weeks. I'm hoping that it running down between me taking a picture, turning it off for ten minutes, and then trying to take a picture again is because it was bloody cold out, and not because the battery is a bag of dicks. Because I really can't afford a new one, right now.

I did get one really awesome picture of the eclipse last night, just before the moon was completely covered. Just the one, mind; my hands shook for every other picture, except when the moon was half covered. But of the actual eclipse itself, I got just one. I've got another 132 years to practice, though, before the next eclipse cooincides with the Solstice, like it did this year.

Leastways, in this part of the world.

I wrote a quick ecksmas drabble; it's up on Dev. Co, and I sent it to a friend of mine to cheer her up, though there's nothing really cheerful about it, other than it being proof that I'm nuts. And bored. And bored to death. And also, that snowmen are creepy and I think if I have to spend much more time being forced to listen to ecksmas music, I might just kill someone. I have to work ecksmas eve, and ecksmas day, and New Years eve - and day - which works out for me because of the whole stat pay thing, but not so much in the whole not murdering someone vein, since I'll have to spend eight hours on all of those nights listening to all the same songs that I've been listening to for the past week or so.

I've solved this problem, though; headphones, in one ear, on night shifts. Wipes the bad taste of overplayed ecksmas music right out of my brain. With Opeth. >:D

Less than three hours before my boss comes to get me, though...and then it's off to the mountain to kill myself on a snowboard. Yay!

No comments: