Friday, December 3, 2010

Starting Over

I know it's been well over a year since I updated this blasted thing...plenty has happened, though not on the travelling front. At least, not until now.

I moved across the country to Jasper, and got a job. Seems what I was unable to do in my hometown (that is, get a job), I accomplished in ten days here. So, come next payday, I'm going to set up a tax free savings account and allocate a portion of each pay cheque to it - and that will be my Wales fund.

Because I'm still going to Wales. Oh yes. Turns out, I don't even need to do a great deal to get my UK passport. Apparently, when the rules were changed, I (and Athena) became UK citizens by default, merely because we were born after 1983 and mum was born in Cardiff. Which makes me happy >:D Because, as a UK citizen, I can live and work just about anywhere in the European Union with no trouble.

The best part is that I get to save all this money in a small town surrounded by mountains and air that I can actually breathe. It's practically a dream come true in and of itself. And later, when I pick up a part time job as a server, somewhere in town, I'll be able to save even more money for my trip, which makes me even happier.

What's especially fun is that, since I've been here, I've been absolutely content. Not worried about money, or where I'm going to end up. I have a place with Athena, and we work for the same people. I've got a job, a proper job, for the first time in a long time, one that comes with accomodation and a paycheque. The rate of pay isn't the best ever, but it's still decent enough that I'll be able to put away a lot of money, come the end of next summer.

And then I'll be in Wales. >:D

No comments: