Saturday, December 11, 2010

Budgety Setbacks, of a Sort

So, I was all excited for payday, on account of my budgeting and how it was all nice and proper. I totally forgot about bloody CPP and EI, which was an extra $40 gone that I hadn't thought of, though they didn't take as much as I was expecting in other areas. I'd also forgotten about the damage deposit, which I have to worry about for the next few cheques. At least they do it in bits, though, so I shouldn't be to far set back.

At least, I wasn't until I went and got my winterboots, and realized - after I'd paid for them - that they were $50 more than I had expected to pay. So now I have a (really nice) pair of $200 boots that had better damn well turn out to be the best winter boots I've ever worn. Because they were $200, and that worked out to be about half of my paycheque.

Argh. I still have enough wiggle room to put aside the money for the Vancouver trip, and to begin putting some aside for my computer, it just means that I have to be incredibly careful with everything else for the next two weeks, or I'll be back to eating up Bean's money.

Argh argh argh argh argh.

In other news, apparently, the British Passport office, of which there is only one and it's in Washinton DC, only takes original copies of supporting documents. Which means, the notarized copies that mum finally just sent aren't acceptable. Which is bollocks, since they've been notarized. On the upside, we can get Barry the Lawyer's signiature on the back of our pictures, since he's known us for our whole lives, basically, and is also a lawyer. Which is a plus, but since that would mean getting the pictures taken, and then having them shipped to him, then shipped back, and then shipped to Washington DC, it's going to mean extra money and time.

Bollocks. But necessary bollocks.

No comments: