Monday, December 13, 2010

Huh

Yesternight was the staff Christmas party, and it was quite fun. Well, except for the Dairy Death I experienced at the hands of the grated parmesean cheese on the salad and the cheese sauce on the salmon (which was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING, inspite of this), but everything else was awesome. I got an amazing pair of really nice gloves for the gift - there was so much stuff on the table, I had hardly any idea what to pick, but I managed it and went for the gloves, which are slightly too big, but amazingly soft and warm and - I think - for snowboarding, which I might be learning how to do next week. >:D

I also wore Clayton's glasses.

I don't need glasses of my own - yet. I will, probably within a year or two, owing to the fact that both of my parents are myopic and it's really a miracle that I've made it this long in my life without them. But my eyes are slowly going to shit, and Clayton's glasses actually make things just a little bit clearer, weak as they are, so I wore them. I will admit that part of my motivation was to see how people would react (can't help it; I'm an anthropologist by training. I watch people and what they do), though the rest of my motivation was that they make me look cute and all teachery/librarian like. So I wore them, thinking I'd get some harmelss fun out of it, as well as being able to see slightly better than before.

The only one who remarked on them was my boss, and when I told him why I was wearing them (the it being largely for fun), he seemed...I dunno. Weird. Then again, it's probably just the fact that I'm crazy and a little bit paranoid, but...

I get the impression that he took it as more of a sign of deception than fun. As though I'd been lying about something - like being able to see without them - and he had caught me out and was now disappointed.

...on a completely unrelated note, a rather pretty Icelandic man just checked in...

Anyway...I've totally lost my train of thought. Completely and utterly. Wow.

No comments: