Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Hmm.

At some point this week, mum wants to go to Toronto to a) pick up my diploma and b) check out the UK Consolate and ask them what I need to do to repatriate and how much it'll cost.

I'm a little nervous, about both. The initial shock of knowing I'm actually going has worn off somewhat, and I think that actually making the leap to starting the process of repatriating will make the upcoming trip (and the fact I have no way back) real.

At the same time, I think that if I had a way back, I wouldn't get anything out of this trip. It would just be a holiday. It wouldn't be the life-changing experience I seem to need. Spending two months in Costa Rica wasn't much help either, because I knew when I was leaving. It was stressful, knowing I had to come back here. The fact that we had to deal with the theft of Bean's stuff on our trip to Jaco, and then those stupid whores that took Bean's computer and my ring wasn't much help either.

Costa Rica is a nice place to visit, and I did see an active Volcano, which was awesome, but...whatever it was that I was looking for when I left, I didn't find.

Maybe having a one-way ticket will give me the time to find whatever it is that I'm looking for.

No comments: