Friday, January 2, 2009

Better Late Than Never

I started this blog...a while ago...for the express purpose of writing random things at random times. Then, characteristically, I forgot about it.

Now I've decided to use it to chronicle the things I have to do to get ready - and go - to England and Wales in May. There are a lot of things, on account of the fact that my mum sprung this trip on me at Christmas.

So here are the basic details:

I leave May 18th, 2009
I have to pick up my diploma before I go
I have to renew my passport
I have to earn enough money to make sure I don't starve while I'm there, and
I have to earn enough money to make sure I CAN GET BACK

Because it's a one-way ticket.

To say that I'm terrified is...actually pretty accurate. I've never been to England, or Wales, despite the fact that this is where I've been drawn to for my whole life. My Mum and Gran know people over there, and I'll likely end up staying with them for some time while I figure out wtf I'm going to be doing...

*deep breath*

It's going to be a journey, that's for sure.

No comments: