Monday, June 3, 2013

Aaannnddd....I can't think of anything to call this right now. An update, I guess...

So, I figured it's about time for me to write something, seeing as how I haven't for the entirety of this year.  And this in spite of me deciding that I was going to actually write something at least once a month.  Heh.

Life is...well, good :D  Lilly is growing like the proverbial weed.  We did a formal wedding thing last month which had me supremely glad that we'd done an informal wedding thing the year before, because if that ridiculousness was what formal weddings are like all the time...holy shit.  And ours wasn't even that formal!

Anyway, over all the wedding was awesome.  Best of all, my bestfriend of 11 years, my Sister From Another Mister, if you will, got to come too.  This is a huuuge deal, since Fiona and I have been penpals for pretty much our entire adult lives, and have only just met.  We spent a month hanging out, seeing the sites of the rockies, crocheting together - and she taught me to sew! - cooking, and playing with Lilly.  My only complaint is that it didn't last anywhere near long enough.  Though, now we get to be co-contributors to a blog about crafty shit...assuming we ever post, that is ;)  We both tend to procrastinate a fair deal.  Especially these days, what with Responsibilities and all.

I miss her like crazy.  It was somewhat surreal at first, having her a mere room away rather than half a planet.  I kept having to stop myself from messaging her rather than just popping in to tell her something.  And now that she's gone, I keep having to stop myself from turning around to tell her something.  In many ways it was like she had always been here - and in many ways it's like she never left to go back home.

I fiiiiinally got to meet my husband's siblings, too.  I like them all, though I didn't really get to spend too much time with them.  Their visits were necessarily short, with work and things, and I was so busy and frazzled from the wedding that there wasn't too much time for actual visits.

But yeah.  Life is good.  Lilly has learned how to crawl, has gotten her first tooth (and is working on another), and is on the brink of figuring out how to stand up by herself, all within the last month and a bit.  It's fantastic, watching her grow and figure things out.  The look of determination on her little face is fantastic.  And, she's still got her blue eyes!  My blue-eyed 1/4 Asian baby :D  I can't imagine life without her, really.  She's perfect.




No comments: